CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas in Review

I woke up on christmas day at around 7ish. Looked at my watch, groaned when I saw the time, and tried to fall back asleep, but phailing. Then at around 8 I finally got out of bed and went to the living room with a comic book and ipod in hand. Sat on the couch reading and listening to music until my parents got up, then ate a lot of pumpkin bread and read the morning comics.

Then there was a whole lot of waiting while my brother got his lazy butt out of bed and up the stairs. But, can't exactly blame him. He's 16, with sore tonsils about the size of Alaska. But then he finally came up, so we opened our presents at a remarkably slow, painful pace. I filmed a lot of it until my brother got pissed at me (why, I have yet to discover) so I stopped. For awhile.

Presents:
- Guitar Hero 3
- DDR pad
- Calvin & Hobbes
- Chocolart (thing that lets you make chocolate)
- Whole lot of gum
- Graphing calculator
- Pocket knife
- winter crocs
- pajamas (no idea where they got that idea)
- snow globe
- 365 day trivia calendar
- Grossology & You (the stuff in there is hilarious o.o)
- flute book of a bunch of Beatles songs
- The Sims2 Seasons
- Booklight thing
- AIDS T-shirt
- Sudoku

Then after I went on WoW and opened presents from 'Great Grandfather Winter' and my guildies (people in my guild/group/thing) then played on there for a bit. One of my presents was this explosive robot that would shoot explosives at other robots, so a bunch of people would be huddled around to see how long their bots would survive. I got eight in a row at one point.

Then after I hung around the house, not sure what to do with myself. Ate some cookies, had a lunch of leftover chinese food, and read a bit. Asked my mom if we could go to the movies. She said no. So then I decided to go outside. Busied myself for about twenty minutes trying to make the bottom of a snowman, but that didn't work. It was really nice outside though. Whole lot of snow with big flakes coming down.

Then I went to the front yard, grabbed a snow shovel and went to a snowdrift that was beside my driveway and started digging through it with plans to make a small tunnel you could go in and out of. Was so hot by the end that my hat was off, coat unzipped. Kept having to sit down and whack at the snow with my boots, which got really annoying. Eventually I just laid down, watching the snow from a vertical point of view. Very interesting.

After I went in, took off my snow stuff, made a plate of various xmas cookies (gingerbread shapes, shortbreads, sugar cookies, frosted pretzels, reindeer cookies and snowballs) sat down on the couch, put on my glasses and watched A Christmas Story for about two hours until dinner was ready. Ate shrimp and couscous and milk, had a lindor truffle afterwards. Skipped fruit. Then the family played scrabble, in which I got 3rd place with 87 points. Played on the computer after. Then went to bed.

I actually spent most of xmas day by myself. Oh well.

p.s. I'm getting a trumpet... but I have to pay $70 for it >:(

0 comments: