CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 28, 2007

Role in School Play

So I play George, the main character's (Roger Goodman) servant. Now this role is like, one of the four major roles in the whole play. Obviously I was incredibly happy. I could just picture myself being on stage, saying lines every few seconds and humoring the audience with the sickening, amateur humor that the play directors provided me. Guess how many lines I get.

Eight. Zero, eight. 8. Ocho.

Guess how many lines the person who plays George in act 1 gets!

Fifty. Five, zero. 50.

I don't mean to sound incredibly arrogant and whiny, but FOR GOD'S SAKE! That's totally unfair! I know that life isn't fair etc., but I mean, for a middle school play, don't you think they should balance out the lines between two people just A LITTLE BIT? Eight vs. fifty. Hmm. That definitely seems fair.

Yeah, I'm very pissed off right now, and I think I deserve to be. I hate ranting about stuff like this cause I feel whiny and stupid, but the one time I get a lead role in the play and I end up having eight lines. Did I mention a character about fifty times minor than my role has around ten more lines than me? No lies.

Earlier at play practice today one of the director's talked about the role a little bit, and she said we might be doing some stuff with the character, so I dearly hope that means more hope for the eternal development of George. It'll be a whole lot to finally balance out the two parts, but hey. I really think I deserve more lines than what I've got.

End of rant done. Now I'm gonna go punch a pillow.

5 comments:

e2 said...

YOU POSTED!!! YAAAAAAAY!!!!

Emily said...

thanks for being so sympathetic.

Elesar said...

ouchie pouchie D-:! That's suxors. they'll probably give you more lines, I hope!

Anonymous said...

I do too! As Elesar said that "suxors". That is a funny word... hee hee hee

Phisoa said...

Well at least you are in it! I bet you have a very dramatic 8 lines!