CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 4, 2008

Macalaster, Amy, and WoW

I doubt any of you are starting to look at colleges, or even thinking about colleges (cause I'm not), but I do have to completely advertise Macalaster, because it's an amazing school that I think you all would really like.

First of all, it's a pretty small college. Which means that there's like, 15-19 students in each class, so you'd get to know the professor really well. Like, you get to know them on the first day you're there, which to me, is a really good thing because I like small classes better than oh, say 200 to 300 people in a class at huge colleges like Harvord.

Also, it's an incredibly balanced school, focusing on not only the arts and theatre but also science and chemistry. They have a really cool theatre, and the seats in there are on the movable pillar things so that people can set up the audience seats in really cool ways. It's pretty awesome. The school also has a lot of different language courses. They don't suggest taking a language you took for a long time, because you'd just be going through the colors and days and numbers from 1 to 10 again. But they offer languages like Italian and ancient greek and arabic and a bunch of other REALLY cool languages (btw, you can get pretty much any job if you know arabic *hint*hint*). The school is also really diverse, so that's always a plus.

But, yeah, it's a really good college. I reccomend it to anyone.

Alright, I admit my musical tastes don't usually involve R&B/Soul music (with only a few exceptions like the Jackson 5), but OH MY GOD, Amy Winehouse is the coolest R&B singer ever. 1. she's got an amazing deep, powerful black voice, 2. her music is very jazzy, slow, sad and relaxing, 3. It's MUSIC. She doesn't put any digital voices in the background, which, if you're doing R&B, is just stupid. She's just great. I suggest looking her up on itunes.

I got to level 70 on WoW (World of Warcraft)! And for those who don't know, level 70 is the highest level you can get on it. I know nobody else will care except Maggie, but I'm so proud of myself. It's taken me over a year, pretty much out of sure laziness. But it feels great :D

0 comments: