CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

!!!!

I'll start by saying that it's usually hard for me to get really angry. I can get annoyed, or irritated, but for the most part I consider myself a fairly laid back person.

Until I talked to Josea.

I did think of the possibility of her not recommending me, but it didn't seem realistic. I mean, why not let me do it? It wasn't like I didn't get the math concepts, or I was failing.

But I guess I'm not smart enough for Josea. Here's how it went:

It was after class. Josea happened to be erasing the board, so I walked up to her to ask about an apparent missing assignment. Luckily she found it, so that was taken care of.

After that I tell her about taking the geometry course over the summer, and how I needed my math teacher's reccomendation. Being the selfish, arrogant person that I am, I of course expected her to say yes without a thought, but instead I got a sudden, "No," that felt literally like a slap in the face. She said that she would only reccomend students with a consistent 97% grade or higher in her class.

"Not that I don't think your smart, but I just don't think you'd have a proper foundation for the advanced math course next year," was what she said.

I was still somewhat shocked, so I just said okay. As I was walking away, she said, "But I know you're gonna rock next year in geometry!"

OH PLEASE.

Sorry. I'm pissed. Beyond reason. If I had had any other math teacher they would have let me. And, not trying to make excuses, but the ONLY reason I get lower grades is not because I don't get math concepts, but because of organization.

Hopefully I can get into the geometry class this summer without the Barney Nazi. I really hope so. If not I'm gonna murder something.

4 comments:

e2 said...

i didn't have a consistant 97% in ANY of my math classes... ever. sheesh.
and you're right to be shocked. god. teachers.

Elesar said...

ya, seriously. you get all of the concepts well but you still don't have 97... so what do grade prove anyway? :D you taught me what a function line is.

Anonymous said...

i think if you murder anyone, it should be josea.

either that, or the printer that prints out all of our homework. your choice.

Elesar said...

you haven't postied forevs!